Our client is a trusted provider of all-in-one logistics solutions that serves delivery vendors in the United States. The client’s main product is an advanced solution significantly accelerating package and delivery management in high-density housing environments.
Abto Software has entered the cooperation in order to upgrade and modernize the already available solution. Having required technical expertise, our company has covered CRM and SCM development, cloud migration, and automation through implementing computer vision.
The platform is designed to benefit all participants of the supply chain, from retailers and carriers to residents. The system, having evolved from initial small-scale pilot to viable large-scale product, is being actively extended in order to provide advanced functionality and serve more customers.
The project’s main goals:
- To extend the platform with a CRM solution to optimize customer support
- To extend the system with a SCM solution to improve logistics management
- To utilize cloud computing and provide improved flexibility and scalability
- To adopt advanced technology and extend existing functionality
How the solution works
The platform is comprising four modules:
1. Driver software – the system automatically authenticates driver identity
2. Storage software – the system automatically organizes storage space to place packages efficiently without misusing storage capacity
3. Client software – the solution enables residents to receive and return the packages even without leaving their residential complex
4. Customer support – the solution allows residents to contact service assistants to resolve any issues
What’s more, the product has advanced notification functionality that learns and improves itself automatically by using historical data on deliveries and refusals.
The system has layers of security, which include:
- Security cameras
- Sensing shelves
- Package check-in
- Access control
The events are monitored and recorded by cameras and advanced built-in sensors – no interaction with the delivered packages goes unnoticed.
Prioritizing previously determined goals, our team:
- Developed a CRM system, which optimized customer support
- Developed a SCM system, which improved logistics management
- Provided smooth cloud migration, streamlining flexibility and scalability
- Extended the solution’s capabilities by implementing computer vision
What’s more, our engineers:
a. Created a monitoring system to track emailing-related issues
b. Provided a REST API to verify email addresses
c. Created a monitoring system to track SMS-related issues
d. Handled the storage configuration to manage email/SMS history
Tools and technologies
- .NET 6
- ASP.NET Web API
- AWS S3
- AWS RDS
- AWS CDK
- AWS SDK
- AWS Lambda
- AWS Aurora
- AWS SNS
- AWS SQS
- AWS SES
- AWS IAM
- AWS CloudFormation
- AWS CloudWatch
- AWS API Gateway
- AWS Secrets Manager
- Azure CI/CD
- Azure Boards
- Azure Test Plans
- Azure DevOps Wiki
- January 2022 – July 2022
- 1 project manager
- 1 DevOps engineer
- 2 software developers
Value delivered to business
The built package and delivery solution provides for:
- Reduced time and cost
By automating daily processes, from administration to delivery, the client can optimize allocated resources. Delivery scheduling, route planning, driver tracking, package storage and retrieval, all being partly automated, help optimize day-to-day workloads.
- Increased security
By monitoring every operation, from transportation to receiving, the client can eliminate potential losses. Security cameras, sensing shelves, package check-in, and reliable access control, all contributing to protection, help eliminate good losses.
- Customer satisfaction
The system allows residents to receive and return the packages even without leaving their residential complex. By providing such services to residents, the client respectively streamlines customer satisfaction.
- Market competitiveness
The system is an offbeat product that includes several features to improve package and delivery management. By making provided services more efficient and convenient, the client respectively differentiates the company from competitors and attracts new customers.