Our computer vision engineers researched the possibility to create a 3D premises layout. As a result, our specialists developed an excellent mobile application, Phantom Scanner, which, by means of line detection, feature points detection and homography matrix, as well as video and image processing, allows to really fast create a 3D reconstruction of an apartment by any mobile device.
Customer: a real estate agency, Canada
- VR and natural scene annotation for enterprise needs
- real-time scene building and rendering
- equipment cost elimination works on regular consumer devices
- to turn sophisticated technology investigation into the commercially successful project
- to implement a robust solution for Structure from motion problem
- to accurately build a wired model from the 3D point cloud
The whole process of building a 3D model of a room is shown in the pictures below:
- real-time edge detection using the Canny method
- simplification of obtained curves into corresponding line segments on the image sequence
- 3D model building
This truly unique and convenient application can come in handy for both individual tenants, or rental agencies, or even construction firms.
If you have a project idea, check out the rest of our computer vision expertise to see how we apply advanced image processing and video analysis to deliver value to our clients.