Abto Software successfully developed a scalable independent diamond and jewelry community resource. This website is initially designed to assist consumers to make a weighted decision prior to buying a diamond.
This project’s challenge was to develop a truly scalable and powerful resource with the capacity to handle extensive diamonds’ database and multiple website visitors.
It provides information on:
- prices of over 350,000 diamonds and jewelry from the brands like Tiffany, Cartier, and local jewelers can be compared online
- the website handles over 50,000 registered users with 500,000 unique visitors per month
- the website diamonds database consists of publicly available diamond pricing information and advertised specials
- A highly advanced search engine. The only thing that a customer needs to do is to specify the criteria, print a price table and choose the dealer or jeweler who offers the best conditions.
- One of the largest resources on diamonds and jewelry online. The website provides a range of tools like a diamond calculator is a system of modeling cut gemstones, which enables precise calculation of the diamond weight and determination of the cut proportions. Also specialized Gem advisor, AGA fancy diamond shape selector tool, AGA/NAJA cut class diamond screening tool, etc.
- A great real price comparison tool. In case the dealer is located far away, a customer can use his/her search results with a local jeweler as a price negotiation tool. The search function was developed in order to help consumers compare prices from competing vendors.
- A blog was also embedded into the website structure. It allows shoppers to discuss a range of topics like buying diamonds online or shopping experiences at Tiffany, Cartier, and local jewelers, etc.