ABTO Software is successfully cooperating with our partner from the USA, JustAnswer LLC, the largest paid online service offering expert consulting on demand. JustAnswer is the world’s leading expert marketplace offering fast and affordable online advice from 10,000 verified professionals: from doctors, lawyers, and vets to auto mechanics and tech support.
Since 2003 JustAnswer has helped over eight million people in 196 countries.
JustAnswer partnered with ABTO in 2012 to meet specific requirements critical to the success of their platform. The Customer needed a dedicated team to design responsive website and develop a robust website functionality. ABTO Software provides remote teams of proficient software developers who seamlessly fit into JustAnswer working/technical and team environment as the company’s team extension.
IT staffing, dedicated development team model
Team and Technologies
ABTO’s high-caliber engineers aimed at simultaneously building up functionality and performance of the online platform. Today it’s a running multi-component platform consisting of 2 websites: for users and members and a separate one for experts with the interface and features specifically fitted for their particular needs.
Dedicated team consists of 81 full-stack software engineers and 20 QA engineers, 4 data analysts, 3 UI/UXdesigners, 2 product managers, devops and engineering manager.
Our scope of technologies includes:
- C/C++, C#
- UNIX shells
- Python/PHP (Drupal)
- SQL (TSQL)
DB Management Systems:
- MS SQL Server
- .NET 4.6, ASP.NET, Web Forms
- MS Visual Studio 2015
- Visual Studio Code
- Microsoft Visio
- Selenium, JMeter
- A/B Testing (testpaths, Optimizely)
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster tools
- Screaming Frog
- Rally, TestRail
For chatbot development:
- Anaconda 3, (Jupyter notebooks)
- Python 3.5, (scikit, nltk – toolkits)
Data management team
- SQL Server 2016 toolset:
- SSRS – reporting services
- SSIS – integration services
- SSAS – analysis services
SQL Server 2016 features such as – Columnar Storage, temporal tables, in memory tables
NoSQL – elastic search and kibana (ELK)
- Google BigQuery
- Google AppScript
- Google reporting API
Localization/ Internationalized code
JA has established the process of customizing for a specific country or culture. For instance, if you want your application to work in Japan, you must identify the specific needs, create resources specific to Japan and Japanese, add those to the application files, configure the application to recognize when it needs to appear in Japanese and test. However, you should not have to make modifications to the application code. So JA code base is written so that it can support any culture, no matter the language, character set, way of measuring time, currency.
Key Features of Online Expert Consulting Service
- It facilitates customized communication with the verified Expert via chat, emails, online messaging and additional channels: phone calls, remote assistance, instant notifications.
- Multilingual website localized for key regional markets: the USA, Germany, Spain, Japan, the UK.
- User-driven site which allows customers to ask questions about any topic they choose to view the questions that other people ask and see actual user reviews
- Centralized event registration, membership and subscription options
- Secure online payment
- Real-time mode, availability 24/7
- Free trial and premium services options
Project Challenges and Solution
There were some crucial project issues to be solved for our virtuoso software development team. Main objectives:
- implement tools to provide flawless and secure running of JustAnswer’s heavily trafficked site
- provide unconditional functionality and maintenance of the platform
ABTO’s software engineers successfully resolved those challenges. They:
- Implemented centralized event registration, product download, membership and subscription
- Provided smooth API integration with major payment services (Visa/MasterCard, PayPal, Sofort, etc.), social media, and location-based reputation systems
- Realized integration with automatic bidding system (Marin)
- Built instruments to track and report on the multiple elements and user paths presented to each visitor
- Handled DB with TB of data and cumbersome library
- Built multiple levels of cache (DNS, Load balancer, Microsoft IIS, in-memory DB)
- Maintained integration with Google Analytics and Adobe DTM
- Ensured performance and maintainability in the distributed, high-load environment
Project Value delivered
- Incorporated analytics and monitoring components into features that ensure infallible solution to meet response time and quality requirements
- Composed cost-efficient and robust platform delivering an optimized seamless user experience across all devices
- Built own framework to support multiple levels of A/B testing across the site
- Developed numerous services and queues for better performances and scalability